2022.. surely the year I finally get my new car!!

All Hyundai Tucson related discussions
md2609

Post by md2609 »

Just had another call from the dealer today.....

Car was initially due at the end of May/early June but was delayed until end of July/early August.

It has now been delayed until at least early September.

He said there is an issue with the DCT cars that is causing the delay this time.

So now i will have to MOT my current car again, which will likely need new discs/pads all round... thats £350 down the pan that i was hoping not to have to spend.

One more delay and it might be getting binned off for something that is available. In total, i have been trying to buy a new car for over 18 months now and its getting very tiresome. (Skoda messed me around until i got sick of them and binned them off and went for the Tucson)

I have ordered an Ultimate spec HTRAC MHEV in Dark Knight.

Mar10

Post by Mar10 »

md2609 wrote: Sat Jul 02, 2022 6:46 pm Just had another call from the dealer today.....

Car was initially due at the end of May/early June but was delayed until end of July/early August.

It has now been delayed until at least early September.

He said there is an issue with the DCT cars that is causing the delay this time.

So now i will have to MOT my current car again, which will likely need new discs/pads all round... thats £350 down the pan that i was hoping not to have to spend.

One more delay and it might be getting binned off for something that is available. In total, i have been trying to buy a new car for over 18 months now and its getting very tiresome. (Skoda messed me around until i got sick of them and binned them off and went for the Tucson)

I have ordered an Ultimate spec HTRAC MHEV in Dark Knight.
I understand your frustration but it’s in no-ones best interest to delay an order, nobody is deliberately holding up getting the cars through. Unfortunately it’s the world that we live in at the moment, by cancelling and switching to another manufacturer you’re simply going to the back of another long queue. I know someone that has been waiting for a Nissan for 9 months now and they still can’t even get an estimated date, and it’s a car that’s made in the UK.

When did you order yours? Some dealers gave optimistic timings at first but generally they seem to take 7 months or so, some have started turning up earlier though.

I wonder whether choosing a less popular engine configuration might make things take longer? I know that in Europe at least, Hyundai expected the HEV and PHEV to be the most popular choices, so I guess they may make proportionally more of those models?
Matt2725

Post by Matt2725 »

Mine was due 4th August. Been told 10th August late last week, but that they likely won’t be making any vehicle available until September for the reg change over.
Not sure why other than residual value.
Southern Lad

Post by Southern Lad »

Due date into dealers of 20th June passed with no arrival. Latest update from the broker is the arrival date is 'unknown' as Hyundai/Kia are holding back from informing dealers of delivery dates. It could be tomorrow, next week, next month...... It's a lottery, but hopefully will show up sooner rather than later as it's been 25 weeks now. 😞
2022 1.6 H T-GDi 230ps Hybrid N Line S in Shadow Grey
AZ2021

Post by AZ2021 »

I feel everyone's pain, I ordered mine in the first week of Dec '21 and after a series of push-backs it is finally being delivered the week after next - 32 weeks total!

Best be worth the wait!
2022 Tucson Ultimate Hybrid, with tech pack.
Juju

Post by Juju »

So after ordering beginning of May and being told September/October for delivery. My dealership informed me a few weeks ago my car would arrive 9th July. Took it with a pinch of salt but on Saturday morning I got the call to say my car had arrived. Couldn’t believe it but should get it middle of this week once paperwork is sorted.
Ultimate Hybrid
1.6 230PS Petrol 2WD Automatic
shimmering silver with moss grey leather interior
dbrewood

Post by dbrewood »

It was 17 weeks for us, well worth the wait though!
Car: Hyundai Tucson Ultimate Hybrid in Dark Knight w Tech Pack
Soon to be a Kona N-Line S Hybrid w Lux pack in Denim Blue
Mar10

Post by Mar10 »

Those both seem super quick. Things must be speeding up considerably!
Goof

Post by Goof »

Delivery put back to end of September.
Frustrating that Juju ordered same car at a similar time but I've got over 2 months to wait.
Ordered Ultimate 230 HEV in Dark Knight -28/03/22
Initial delivery estimate 31st Aug 2022
Update (26th May) delivery to dealer on 5th August
Update(9th Jul) delivery to dealer 26th Sept :shock:
Will collect 20 sept
Southern Lad

Post by Southern Lad »

Just had update, Tucson due into dealers 18th July. Hopefully not another false dawn 🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞😁
2022 1.6 H T-GDi 230ps Hybrid N Line S in Shadow Grey

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post