May 2022 Update

All Hyundai Tucson related discussions
old man

Post by old man »

Well done Terry, it'll be interesting (hopefully) to hear what he/she has to say.
Tucson N Line S 2WD Hybrid Auto

Deleted User 487

Post by Deleted User 487 »

terryp wrote: Thu Jul 14, 2022 3:27 pm Went in to the Dealer this morning and when I told them about this, they looked at me as though I had just arrived from Mars!
Never heard it. Never been reported.
So the car is booked in for a check with the "Diagnostics Technician" at the end of the month.
I'll report back with his findings, or lack of, and if necessary move the matter upward.
I’ve emailed Hyundai, asking that this gets raised with the Technical team. That was only yesterday, and I’ve included a link to this topic. If, or when they reply I’ll post/share here.
Al94

Post by Al94 »

Watching with interest, regularly find air con switched off and display blank when starting car then reset to 22 degrees.
2022 1.6 TGDi Hybrid 230 Ultimate 5dr 2WD Auto
dbrewood

Post by dbrewood »

I've only had my hybrid 4 weeks but so far I've not seen this issue at all.
Car: Hyundai Tucson Ultimate Hybrid in Dark Knight w Tech Pack
Soon to be a Kona N-Line S Hybrid w Lux pack in Denim Blue
terryp

Post by terryp »

Well, I've just experienced two resets in three days.
Is it me?
Tucson Ultimate Auto 230PS in Dark Teal. Love it!!
alan sh

Post by alan sh »

No. I had another one today. All I did was open the boot and leave it for 5 minutes.

I'm pretty sure it's battery related.
Alan

I own a 2022 Ultimate Hybrid with Tech Pack - in Red (best colour).
Also have two motorcycles. Honda CB1300 and Honda CBF1000 (also red, of course).
terryp

Post by terryp »

Interesting, Alan.......
Yesterday I had doors and boot open for a few minutes while I vacuumed the car.
I will relate that to the "Diagnostic Technician" when I see him.
Wychwood

Post by Wychwood »

I have raised the resetting issue with the dealership from where I bought the car; they said they would refer it to Hyundai Technical. Over the first 3 months of ownership I would say this is my only real gripe with the car. It has happened to me about 10 times and I don’t know why it does it. The common reset is the blank screen and then the temp goes to 22 ; then you have to manually put the air on back on; I have also lost my digital mph readout and sometimes the digital clock goes haywire. I think it might be caused when I open doors/boot when cleaning the car or shut the driver’s door without pressing the ignition off button or leave a door open for any length of time. I am only guessing. Just very frustrating!
old man

Post by old man »

Yep, I've had all of the above glitches. For myself, the finger seems to pointing at the fact I don't use the car as much as others here, but I do unlock it and enter it, sometimes switching on the ignition, which would obviously run down the battery.
It does seem though that people who use their car on a regular basis are getting the same problems, so there seems to be no concrete evidence that it's power/battery related and we're just best guessing and stumbling around in the dark. Bloody aggravating isn't it !!
You'd think in this day and age, that if there's a power drain it could be picked via a diagnostic check. You'd think that Hyundai would be able to get a handle on this, but are dealerships reporting to Hyundai that this is occurring ??
Or are we guilty of not reporting this to our dealerships enough ? I for one am guilty of this and I will now ensure to call into my dealer to outline the problems, although I'm pretty sure they won't have a solution at present.
One thing is for sure, this shouldn't be happening, but if Hyundai have built in a failsafe to protect against battery drain, then they should state as much in our operating manuals.

I for one, even though I've only had the car for 4/5 months and have only driven a little over 2000 miles, like the car a lot, and these glitches plus the threat of GPF problems hanging over us, does take the shine off of ownership somewhat.
Tucson N Line S 2WD Hybrid Auto
terryp

Post by terryp »

I think if each of us with the problem visited our local dealer then the reaction I got when I went to mine would be more receptive.
There is a common thread related to doors/tailgate being open while the ignition is off. At least that's what I will try to describe when I take my car in.
I noticed that the battery gauge on the bottom of the dash display which is usually showing about 50% increased to about 75% the last time it reset. Perhaps an extra charge from somewhere trips the settings? I'll look out for that next time, which won't be long from my experience.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post