HEV economy

All Hyundai Tucson related discussions
xtrailman

Post by xtrailman »

It's a standard 6 speed torque converter

jarvis

Post by jarvis »

Actually a 6 speed auto but without a torque converter. The electric motor handles creeping and assists with rev matching so that a torque converter is not required. Pretty clever, I think:

https://tech.hyundaimotorgroup.com/elec ... /hev-phev/
Southern Lad

Post by Southern Lad »

jarvis wrote: Tue Jul 19, 2022 6:46 am Actually a 6 speed auto but without a torque converter. The electric motor handles creeping and assists with rev matching so that a torque converter is not required. Pretty clever, I think:

Great link. A very interesting and informative read. As you say very clever tech. 👍
2022 1.6 H T-GDi 230ps Hybrid N Line S in Shadow Grey
xtrailman

Post by xtrailman »

jarvis wrote: Tue Jul 19, 2022 6:46 am Actually a 6 speed auto but without a torque converter. The electric motor handles creeping and assists with rev matching so that a torque converter is not required. Pretty clever, I think:

Thanks for the correction and link.
Wychwood

Post by Wychwood »

Can only say my average mpg for a trip when I have regularly exceeded high sixties has gone down by 10/20% depending on obvious parameters. I would say my Tucson is more fuel efficient at low to medium speeds than previous diesels I have owned whereas the diesels were better at higher speed.
My Tucson is the 230 HEV auto. The gearbox is very smooth. Engine noise is generally quiet, obviously very quiet when in EV mode. Engine is more harsh when you need extra revs while climbing hills.
Overall, car is excellent. Very spacious and comfortable even on 19 inch wheels - make sure tyre pressure is not too high. Only gripe/frustration is the apparently random reset of settings - you can read all about that on a separate thread in the forum!
Wychwood

Post by Wychwood »

My response above for “simonb82”
Southern Lad

Post by Southern Lad »

Would be good to know what fuel people have been using and if they have noticed any difference in the economy if they have eg. Standard Unleaded, Super Unleaded, Supermarket Fuel or mainstream suppliers etc?
2022 1.6 H T-GDi 230ps Hybrid N Line S in Shadow Grey
alan sh

Post by alan sh »

Basically, I use the cheapest possible - Costco if I am near there.
Alan

I own a 2022 Ultimate Hybrid with Tech Pack - in Red (best colour).
Also have two motorcycles. Honda CB1300 and Honda CBF1000 (also red, of course).

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post