Light at the end of the tunnel?

All Hyundai Tucson related discussions
PFC67

Post by PFC67 »

Hi, I’ve recently joined the forum and this is my first post….
I ordered a Tucson 1.6 TGDi Hybrid 230 Ultimate back in March and was recently informed by the leasing company that Hyundai have informed them that the ETA for the car is ‘end of July’.
Once I’d picked myself up from the floor, I thought of previous posts that I had read related to arrival.

My question is of the process, as I’m fairly naive about what happens now? Even if it does arrive this month, what happens before I can except delivery? And has anyone got recent experience of the lead time between arriving at port and delivery to home?

Cheers

XADE

Post by XADE »

I managed to get a 'stock' car (non-hybrid), but I believe this is the end of the process of basically when it is delivered to the country. I am not sure how long the port to delivery would be..

The car from order has been in the PDI (pre-delivery inspection) centre, and from there it won't touch a dealership, instead being delivered straight to my door.
2022 Ultimate - Phantom Black
dozandmaxine

Post by dozandmaxine »

if my experiance is anything to go by it's the start of your troubles - worst car I've ever owned - I have a 1972 Triumph thats more reliable - but i hope you have more luck than me
Mar10

Post by Mar10 »

PFC67 wrote: Thu Jul 21, 2022 7:41 pm Hi, I’ve recently joined the forum and this is my first post….
I ordered a Tucson 1.6 TGDi Hybrid 230 Ultimate back in March and was recently informed by the leasing company that Hyundai have informed them that the ETA for the car is ‘end of July’.
Once I’d picked myself up from the floor, I thought of previous posts that I had read related to arrival.

My question is of the process, as I’m fairly naive about what happens now? Even if it does arrive this month, what happens before I can except delivery? And has anyone got recent experience of the lead time between arriving at port and delivery to home?

Cheers
That timing sounds pretty quick for a March order! Mine was ordered end of November and arrived mid June! My experience of arriving in the country to arriving at the dealer was pretty quick, just a week. I’ve heard of some taking up to 4 though.

I’ve had mine for just over a month now, I’m super impressed with it, hope you like yours too when it arrives.
dbrewood

Post by dbrewood »

dozandmaxine wrote: Thu Jul 21, 2022 10:19 pm if my experiance is anything to go by it's the start of your troubles - worst car I've ever owned - I have a 1972 Triumph thats more reliable - but i hope you have more luck than me
You've obviously got a bad one, mine is awesome (apart from the Sat Nav).
Car: Hyundai Tucson Ultimate Hybrid in Dark Knight w Tech Pack
Soon to be a Kona N-Line S Hybrid w Lux pack in Denim Blue
Deleted User 487

Post by Deleted User 487 »

dozandmaxine wrote: Thu Jul 21, 2022 10:19 pm if my experiance is anything to go by it's the start of your troubles - worst car I've ever owned - I have a 1972 Triumph thats more reliable - but i hope you have more luck than me
What issues are you having?
dozandmaxine

Post by dozandmaxine »

4th time in for blocked petrol particle filter
Southern Lad

Post by Southern Lad »

dozandmaxine wrote: Fri Jul 22, 2022 7:26 pm 4th time in for blocked petrol particle filter
Are you using supermarket fuel? I ask this as my Nissan Juke had the same problem especially if I use Asda fuel!!!! Garage told me to not use supermarket fuel and ever since it's been ok.
2022 1.6 H T-GDi 230ps Hybrid N Line S in Shadow Grey
PFC67

Post by PFC67 »

Thanks all.
I’m slightly surprised by the eta as I was told August was the earliest (though I decided to not go for the tech pack). I will be eager to get driving it, so the last few weeks will be excruciating 😄.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post