Review: Brodit mount for the Tucson 2022

All Hyundai Tucson related discussions
dbrewood

Post by dbrewood »

The review I’ve written on the Brodit mount for the Tucson 2022 has been completed and you can read it on my forum here. The final result can be seen below.

120.jpeg

Enjoy. Any thoughts / comments you want to post will have to be made on here as the forum is locked down.
Car: Hyundai Tucson Ultimate Hybrid in Dark Knight w Tech Pack
Soon to be a Kona N-Line S Hybrid w Lux pack in Denim Blue

alan sh

Post by alan sh »

Why? When you have Android Auto & Apple Carplay?

Just curious as I've never found the need to view my phone when it's connected to the car.
Alan

I own a 2022 Ultimate Hybrid with Tech Pack - in Red (best colour).
Also have two motorcycles. Honda CB1300 and Honda CBF1000 (also red, of course).
dbrewood

Post by dbrewood »

It is there for neatness and security in the main. Neatness as I can get rid of a 'cable mess' in the 'phone tray' which makes it easier for my wife to use the QI charger for her phone. And security as it gives a proper firm mount for the phone to sit in. And in the rare situation where I need it I can view information on the phone.
99% of the time the phone is indeed turned off. It just makes it so much easier so slide the phone in / out of the mount without having the annoyance of plugging the cable in and carefully placing the phone in the tray. If it saves me 10-15 seconds each time I get into / leave the car it's worth it :)
alan sh

Post by alan sh »

Ah, I see. I must admit that my phone just sits in my pocket. I have a USB stick in the slot to play music/plays and rely on the inbuilt sat nav to guide me. But I like your idea.
Alan

I own a 2022 Ultimate Hybrid with Tech Pack - in Red (best colour).
Also have two motorcycles. Honda CB1300 and Honda CBF1000 (also red, of course).
dbrewood

Post by dbrewood »

Plus as I find the inbuilt Nav to be 'pants' I tend to use CarPlay and TomTom for navigation, plus Apple Music for my media so it all works nicely or me :)

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post