Strange noise

New to the Hyundai Tucson Forums? Introduce yourself here
Beards

Post by Beards »

IngerzSH wrote: Mon Mar 27, 2023 3:41 pm
Hawklord3 wrote: Sun Mar 19, 2023 5:24 pm Hi , Just picked up an Ultimate hybrid, very happy, but have picked up a noise coming from the infotainment system on turning off the car. This noise lasts for 20 seconds and is a loud hum and is only present on turning off the vehicle. Not had a hybrid before, so not sure if this has anything to do with it. Any ideas anyone?.
After saying I've not heard it... well ... now I have, that's if it's the same noise. Switch ignition off and open door and there sounds like an electrical type hum not particularly loud. It doesn't last too long and not something I'm concerned about, in fact I must have heard it before and not thought anything of it, it's just what it does.
Is it the air conditioning plant?
Tucson PHEV Ultimate + Tech Pack. Amazon Grey/Moss Grey
Ordered: 10 May 2022
Estimated Delivery: Oct/Nov/Dec/Jan/Feb 2022/23
Dealers: 28 Feb 2023
Pick up: 08 Mar 2023
Refused: 08 Mar 2023
New Order: 08 Mar 2023
Picked up: 18 Jan 2024

Bazza

Post by Bazza »

Saw a similar thread on the VW Tiguan site .. it turned out to be the ventilation system retiring when engine switched off.

still no Ultimate yet but no news is good news (I hope) last date was 1st wk April.
alan sh

Post by alan sh »

Same with me. It's there and then it goes away.
Alan

I own a 2022 Ultimate Hybrid with Tech Pack - in Red (best colour).
Also have two motorcycles. Honda CB1300 and Honda CBF1000 (also red, of course).
Deleted User 616

Post by Deleted User 616 »

alan sh wrote: Mon Mar 27, 2023 10:43 pm Same with me. It's there and then it goes away.
The user manual says this:

20230328_124558.jpg

jarvis

Post by jarvis »

Ha, I turn it off without pressing the brake pedal (so I'm not releasing it nor applying it) and it starts before I open the door. So the manual is WRONG 🤣
Hawklord3

Post by Hawklord3 »

OK, have now tested this noise by trying everything. Air con on and off, heating on and off, opening the door before switch off and after, and every combination of anything else I could think off.
It always makes a noise immediately after turning the engine off, it is a sort of hum/ whine but not high pitched. This goes on for for almost 20 seconds dead, which makes me think it is a fixed happening. Also, it is not loud enough to make you jump, but is always faintly there. It is definitely coming from behind the infotainment system, as after switching off, can get out of the car then crawl back in to listen to it before it stops.
The Mrs says she only hears it occasionally, but I think that is an age thing. Heard nothing from the dealers, but didn't really expect to, a slight noise will not be their priority.
Think I will just put up with it, unless it gets worse or I see smoke!!.
Deleted User 616

Post by Deleted User 616 »

Hawklord3 wrote: Thu Mar 30, 2023 5:08 pm OK, have now tested this noise by trying everything. Air con on and off, heating on and off, opening the door before switch off and after, and every combination of anything else I could think off.
It always makes a noise immediately after turning the engine off, it is a sort of hum/ whine but not high pitched. This goes on for for almost 20 seconds dead, which makes me think it is a fixed happening. Also, it is not loud enough to make you jump, but is always faintly there. It is definitely coming from behind the infotainment system, as after switching off, can get out of the car then crawl back in to listen to it before it stops.
The Mrs says she only hears it occasionally, but I think that is an age thing. Heard nothing from the dealers, but didn't really expect to, a slight noise will not be their priority.
Think I will just put up with it, unless it gets worse or I see smoke!!.
The user manual, albeit not worded too well, says it's normal to hear a 'motor' sound when turning the car off. Based upon that, I've taken it as a characteristic of the car.
Willem

Post by Willem »

This is indeed described in chapter 1 page 43 of the Dutch manual. Possibly in the English edition also on this page. The sound is part of the functioning of this car.
Hyunday Tucson HEV FWD Premium, 230 ps, Silky Bronze with Two-Tone Dark Knight, Jan. 2023
Hawklord3

Post by Hawklord3 »

Same in the English version, though still confusing. Accept there are noises that are different in a hybrid, but still does not explain exactly what it is.
Only happens when the ignition is turned off( therefore already in the park position and hand brake on), as it it is the same noise and length of time sounding, every time, irrespective of doors open or closed, am assuming it is a " normal" noise.
Had a call from the dealers to take the car in so they could find what the noise was, therefore have now assumed it may not be " normal", as surely they would have told me, especially if it is in the Manual.
We shall see.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post