HELP!!! No sound for speed camera alerts.

All Hyundai Tucson related discussions
MikeSwift

Post by MikeSwift »

I’ve had my Tucson just over a week and love it to bits but one thing is making me remove my hair in large clumps and it is speed camera alerts.
I’ve read the manual, I’ve looked online, I have adjusted the various parameters in setup but still don’t get audible notice of upcoming speed cameras.
I’m not wanting to speed up to them then slow down then speed up again, I just want to know they are upcoming so I can check I haven’t slipped over the limit.
My previous Sportage ding, dinged on approach and donged on passing, a bit late if you weren’t paying attention.
I’ve tried:-
Setting speed limit alerts depending on speed.
Setting normal and motorway distances.
Set the sound of alerts at 3, the maximum shown.
I’ve read the warning when I changed options that not all countries allow camera warnings and set it to England and accepted.
I still do not hear an audio warming of approaching cameras of which there are many in my area which hates car owners.
I need serious help to save my sanity.
2023 Tucson Ultimate Automatic Petrol MHEV Serenity White Pearl.

peteh

Post by peteh »

I'm the opposite. Used to drive in relative silence until very recently started to hear a chime, followed by a slightly different chime seconds later. Did not know what they were for, and eventually just assumed it was for icy conditions, as temps have dropped these last few weeks, and chimes only started in last few weeks.

It was only when I noticed a previously unseen smudge over the speed limit icon on the dashboard that I twigged. In my defence I don't drive the car much at all, wife uses it 5 days a week (and she changes absolutely nothing, ever).

No idea why it has started doing that, no idea how to stop it, so it will stay like that until it decides to stop.

My initial thought was that one of us has obviously changed something in the settings, however I am not actually sure that is the case. I feel sure fellow Hyundai Tucson owners will agree that this is a car that has a certain amount of AI-gone-rogue tendancies when it comes to it's electrics and settings! :) For example there is a very good chance that the next time I get in this car, the opening display will be a random one of of its choosing, such as 3/4 of the screen the Map, showing Favourite Destinations, and 1/4 screen the Electric battery useage, regardless of it being full screen Radio last night.

Don't get me wrong; I have grown to enjoy its independent thinking, and will often turn on to see screens and display options I didn't know even it had! Coupled with the random heating temp/strength/AC settings, every day's an adventure with this one.
2022 Tucson Ultimate Hybrid 230 in Engine Red with Moss Grey Leather interior
Deleted User 1711

Post by Deleted User 1711 »

On the premise that you havent already tried this, have you tried increasing the Alert Volume? On the nav unit there is a speaker icon at the top left of the screen. Click it and try changing the alert volume.
MikeSwift

Post by MikeSwift »

peteh wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 9:55 am I'm the opposite. Used to drive in relative silence until very recently started to hear a chime, followed by a slightly different chime seconds later. Did not know what they were for, and eventually just assumed it was for icy conditions, as temps have dropped these last few weeks, and chimes only started in last few weeks.
That's what happened on my Sportage, 3 dings warnibg and then a dong when I passed the camera, the actual SatNav's are very similar.
MikeSwift

Post by MikeSwift »

DotDotDotDot wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 11:59 am On the premise that you havent already tried this, have you tried increasing the Alert Volume? On the nav unit there is a speaker icon at the top left of the screen. Click it and try changing the alert volume.
One I didn't think of, I did look in the settings but it was on the highest available, my wife's out shopping but I'll try is when she gets back.

Thanks both for the help.
Deleted User 1711

Post by Deleted User 1711 »

MikeSwift wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 12:34 pm
DotDotDotDot wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 11:59 am On the premise that you havent already tried this, have you tried increasing the Alert Volume? On the nav unit there is a speaker icon at the top left of the screen. Click it and try changing the alert volume.
One I didn't think of, I did look in the settings but it was on the highest available, my wife's out shopping but I'll try is when she gets back.

Thanks both for the help.
Once you've clicked the speaker icon (with map displayed) it's called 'Sound Effect' volume rather than Alert Volume. Hopefully this sorts your ding and dongs ..
MikeSwift

Post by MikeSwift »

MikeSwift wrote: ↑Fri Dec 08, 2023 12:34 pm

DotDotDotDot wrote: ↑Fri Dec 08, 2023 11:59 am
On the premise that you havent already tried this, have you tried increasing the Alert Volume? On the nav unit there is a speaker icon at the top left of the screen. Click it and try changing the alert volume.

Not tried it on the road yet but I can now hear the warning sound, again many thanks for the help.
RickF

Post by RickF »

the setting is in the volume. it dings if you are over the limit. if you are in a speed camera area it keeps dinging until you are below the limit.
I turned it off when we were in Scotland as the road had a double speed limit. 50mph for HGV's and 70 for cars. The car only read the 50 sign, drove us nuts.
MikeSwift

Post by MikeSwift »

Was that the A9 by any chance?
Our last trip to Scotland was cancelled because of Covid but I've driven the A9 many times before, fortunately the Tucson Premium I had at the time didn't have that type of warning.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post