Using media while parked on ACC start button position.

All Hyundai Tucson related discussions
Gibson

Post by Gibson »

Hi folks,
The handbook is quite a challenge, so I am hoping an experienced 2023 tucson hybrid owner can help me. How do I prevent myself running into battery problems when sitting in the car using media for an extended period on start setting ACC?

Handbook says it will shut down ignition after an hour on ACC, but what actually happens is that a red warning strip appears at top of the centre screen after 2 minutes or so, suggesting I should switch the car to "on" to prevent battery problems. I would have thought the car would shut down after 1 hour and then perhaps I would have to use the clever "battery reset" button.

Btw I for one am enjoying the tucson hybrid. Mpg is remarkable and its a softer ride than my volvo.

Philr

Post by Philr »

How long would you want sit in the car with no heating?
If it's more than a few minutes why not just leave the car on?
Phil

I don't have a carbon footprint because I drive everywhere.

2022 Premium HEV
Indalo

Post by Indalo »

Gibson wrote: Wed Jan 10, 2024 4:16 pm How do I prevent myself running into battery problems when sitting in the car using media for an extended period on start setting ACC?
Welcome to the forum, ‘Gibson’.

I understand your difficulty but I’m afraid it’s one of the drawbacks of the hybrid system installed in the Tucson. As a suggestion, if you find yourself requiring to spend some time in the car while stationary, perhaps you could utilise your mobile phone (presuming you carry one) to listen to any stored music you might have or alternatively, tune into a news station or indeed any station.

That can be achieved by plug-in headphones or wireless ‘buds’. Unfortunately, it doesn’t help any passengers you may be carrying.☹️
2023 Tucson Hybrid (HEV) Ultimate; ordered 12/05/23 - collected from dealership 07/06/23.
terryp

Post by terryp »

I have spent some time in my car waiting for "Management" to appear after shopping, visiting etc. and always leave the ignition on with the car in Park while either listening to the radio or playing music on a USB.
It was pointed out in earlier correspondence that the Hybrid Battery needs to be run for at least an hour a week to maintain its charge so I think I'm killing two birds with one stone.
It seems to work as the "reset" issue I experienced regularly in the first year of the car has greatly diminished recently. The only time it has reset in the last 6 months was when I changed some settings using Bluelink. I wonder of there's something there.
Tucson Ultimate Auto 230PS in Dark Teal. Love it!!
Gibson

Post by Gibson »

Thanks for your responses, they are appreciated.
I often sit in the car without heating on, usually parked somewhere nice taking in the views in Summer.... :)
I was hoping that some kind soul would say that as I have a huge battery in the form of the Hybrid one, I can safely ignore the "start car" warning and listen to the radio all day if I so desired , without the engine running, and simply press the battery reset to drive away.
For those of you wondering why I would want to do this, I am retired, and often find myself somewhere beautiful where it is nice to just sit and take in the view especially as I am somewhat disabled.
My phone is a complete piece of garbage when it comes to playing music, even with my cloth ears. (too much guitar playing with headphones/buds).
Thanks again.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post