Petrol particulate filter

All Hyundai Tucson related discussions
old man

Post by old man »

How does a GPF regenerate?

GPF regeneration can only be performed in “non power” conditions, meaning that regeneration is normally achieved under deceleration. Deceleration increases the amount of oxygen following through the engine and exhaust system. This in turn raises the temperature of the GPF to around 400c – 700c, igniting the soot contained within the filter.

In conditions where this is not possible, the vehicles engine management systems alters timing causing it to run lean. This “lean” burn increases oxygen and therefore GPF operating temperatures, allowing a regeneration to occur
This item in the link provided by Daibill could well explain why the petrol only cars are suffering the GPF light coming on. HEVs and PHEVs can't regenerate on braking because the engine usually cuts out when we lift our foot off the accelerator.
Just a thought.
Tucson N Line S 2WD Hybrid Auto

Jazz

Post by Jazz »

Hi just to let people know that the new method that's been posted works.That is the 4000 revs in third,all I did was go on nearest dual carriageway and kept repeating foot down to 4000 revs off for 5 second's and after about 5 mins the warning light disappeared Forgot to mention that at 4000 revs in third you will be doing about 60 mph.
N Line 1.6 manual White 2022
Raz1006

Post by Raz1006 »

I believe this to be a common fault, I have a 21 plate Tuscon and within 8000 miles I have had my light come on again, I have driven up and down the motorways and it won't clear but after the first regen which had to be done at the dealership I was warned that any future regens would be at a cost of £108 plus vat.

This must be a non common fault as when I was previously at the dealership they now have been getting customers who purchase the car to sign a waiver for the issue
Nrtaylor101

Post by Nrtaylor101 »

I’ve had exactly the same. 650 miles and it came on. After not being able to clear it myself it went to the garage to have it reset. Then just 25 days later it’s back despite doing a couple of longer journeys in that time. There must be a fault as what car needs to regenerate every 25 days
Philr

Post by Philr »

Anyone who signs a waiver for a fault must be mad.

You may want to check this thread :-

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=888&p=8174#p8174
Phil

I don't have a carbon footprint because I drive everywhere.

2022 Premium HEV
XADE

Post by XADE »

Jazz wrote: Fri Jan 20, 2023 3:40 pm Hi just to let people know that the new method that's been posted works.That is the 4000 revs in third,all I did was go on nearest dual carriageway and kept repeating foot down to 4000 revs off for 5 second's and after about 5 mins the warning light disappeared Forgot to mention that at 4000 revs in third you will be doing about 60 mph.
I'd highly recommend people do not do this, and take it straight to a dealership to be resolved, especially with the new software update.

From another user:

"Hyundai Customer Care Team have today (23.2.23) advised me that a software update has been rolled out to dealers in the U.K to resolve PPF (known as GPF for the American market) issue. I hope this helps - the issue annoyed me so much, I was close to getting rid of my Hyundai Tucson 1.6 petrol car."
2022 Ultimate - Phantom Black
woo7173

Post by woo7173 »

Had my 1.6 petrol Tucson since April 2022 , sent in to dealer 12/22 for emission light on after about 8k miles . They tried to road test it and turn it off that way with no luck . Had to force regeneration in the end , to cure it . Lights just come on again after less than 2k miles . Ringing the dealer tomorrow , simply not good enough , will mention about the above new update .
AlexTUK

Post by AlexTUK »

Hi all, I'm a newbie to the forum. I've ordered a new Tucson Ultimate petrol only car which is due to be delivered any time in the next few weeks.

Unfortunately I didn't see this issue before ordering, didn't think to look at owner forums before doing research on my next car (came down to tucson or sportage so wouldn't have made too much difference!)

I'm just wondering if anyone has experienced this fix that xade mentioned? I'm considering cancelling the order if this problem is ongoing as it sounds like an absolute nightmare and not what you'd expect from a new car that costs so much.

Thanks in advance for any updates
daibill

Post by daibill »

I will be asking if the fix has been applied when Mine goes in for it's first 10k in 10 days time. Saying that', i've yet to experience the issue.
2022 1.6 Manual Premium Engine Red
Red ones are faster! ;)
AlexTUK

Post by AlexTUK »

daibill wrote: Thu Mar 02, 2023 11:12 am I will be asking if the fix has been applied when Mine goes in for it's first 10k in 10 days time. Saying that', i've yet to experience the issue.
Good to know that someone hasn't experienced it and getting close to 10k!

When they call me to say it's ready to be collected I will ask them if it has had the fix applied. Definitely won't be signing any documents that others have been given though

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post