GPF filter

All Hyundai Tucson related discussions
XADE

Post by XADE »

AlexTUK wrote: Mon Mar 20, 2023 12:38 am It's very worrying, I've had mine almost 2 weeks and it hasn't come on but every journey I make (mostly short) I'm thinking about 'when will this warning come on'. Is definitely taking away the pleasure of a new car!

I get free legal advice through my work so when (kind of feels reading on here and other places it's not an if) it comes on I will be speaking to them about the options as won't be putting up with it for the next 4 years.
I think 2 weeks is odd to worry about this issue? I've had it once in 7months and haven't had the update applied yet.
2022 Ultimate - Phantom Black

AlexTUK

Post by AlexTUK »

XADE wrote: Mon Mar 20, 2023 4:28 pm
AlexTUK wrote: Mon Mar 20, 2023 12:38 am It's very worrying, I've had mine almost 2 weeks and it hasn't come on but every journey I make (mostly short) I'm thinking about 'when will this warning come on'. Is definitely taking away the pleasure of a new car!

I get free legal advice through my work so when (kind of feels reading on here and other places it's not an if) it comes on I will be speaking to them about the options as won't be putting up with it for the next 4 years.
I think 2 weeks is odd to worry about this issue? I've had it once in 7months and haven't had the update applied yet.

It's more the inevitably of it happening that I'm worried about rather than it happening after two weeks. I want to be enjoying the experience of having a new car (and to a degree I am) and not worrying that each journey I take means I'm getting closer to this issue.
XADE

Post by XADE »

AlexTUK wrote: Mon Mar 20, 2023 6:34 pm
XADE wrote: Mon Mar 20, 2023 4:28 pm

It's more the inevitably of it happening that I'm worried about rather than it happening after two weeks. I want to be enjoying the experience of having a new car (and to a degree I am) and not worrying that each journey I take means I'm getting closer to this issue.
Well to put you at ease, I had my fixed and back on the road in 30mins. I just went for a nice walk and it was done, and hopefully the update solves the issue to some degree.

Life's too short to worry about a filter on an exhaust pipe being too sensitive!
EJH

Post by EJH »

I think this DPF / GPF debacle has some legal legs.
JLR are being taken to 'task' currently.
Auto manufacturers need to stop passing the buck on this IMHO.

Screenshot_20230322_113413_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20230322_113328_Chrome.jpg

Ultimate 230 Hybrid+Tech pack, Teal & moss grey
Ordered Mar 26th '22
Collected Nov 2nd 2022
31 weeks 4 days :shock: :roll: :roll:
Michelle9999

Post by Michelle9999 »

Hi

I got my car on 1st March 2023 and the warning came on yesterday, it done 1100 miles. Took the car for a long drive and did the 3rd gear and rev counter at just 4,000 for 45 minutes. Light is still on, so going to phone the dealer for them to sort. Is is safe to drive until I can get it to the dealer?
EJH

Post by EJH »

Michelle9999 wrote: Sun May 14, 2023 8:36 am Hi

I got my car on 1st March 2023 and the warning came on yesterday, it done 1100 miles. Took the car for a long drive and did the 3rd gear and rev counter at just 4,000 for 45 minutes. Light is still on, so going to phone the dealer for them to sort. Is is safe to drive until I can get it to the dealer?
Michelle9999 it's ridiculous that you are being asked to do that as a reset. I believe you're ok to drive the car foe awhile before you can get to the dealer. But call the service department at the dealer first & demand Hyundai are aware of your cars problem. There are so many GPF issues coming to light (?) on here, that Hyundai have to do a fix.
1100 miles in a brand new car should not have these problems imho.
The high rev remedy is potentially dangerous (for 45 minutes!!!?) again imho.
Ultimate 230 Hybrid+Tech pack, Teal & moss grey
Ordered Mar 26th '22
Collected Nov 2nd 2022
31 weeks 4 days :shock: :roll: :roll:
old man

Post by old man »

It's been written here that Hyundai have issued a software update that allegedly fixes the GPF problem.
There has been no feedback as to whether it works or not, not on this forum anyway.
It's probably too soon for any owners who've had the update to tell whether it's successful or not.
Be aware, this is NOT a recall, so owners will not be contacted to have the update. It will only be applied to cars that have been taken into a dealer with a GPF problem.
There may be dealers who are not aware that there is a software update, so when you take your car in, enlighten them and make sure you have the update.
Do not be fobbed off, this is an issue that should not be occurring and it needs to be rectified.
Tucson N Line S 2WD Hybrid Auto
XADE

Post by XADE »

Don't waste your money driving it down the motorway, just get them to sort it.
daibill

Post by daibill »

Michelle9999 wrote: Sun May 14, 2023 8:36 am Hi

Keeping at at 4000 revs for 45 mins will not regen the filter. That would sort a DPF in a diesel but not a GPF which needs to burn off by revving with lift off coasting and no throttle, I.E revving to 4000 and lifting off to 2500 back up to 4, lift off back to 2500.

Imagine using engine breaking going down a hill in too low a gear.. That would do it...

I use that method every time I approach a roundabout or go down a hill.. 11.5K miles and no light yet.
2022 1.6 Manual Premium Engine Red
Red ones are faster! ;)
italianjob1970

Post by italianjob1970 »

What's a 'Gamma 2 engine'?
23 Tucson 230 HEV

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post