Smart Cruise Control

All Hyundai Tucson related discussions
Deleted User 616

Post by Deleted User 616 »

alan sh wrote: Sun Nov 06, 2022 7:00 pm What's LFA? I've just come back from a long motorway trip and nothing seems to have reset itself when I start using cruise control
Lane Follow Assist.

20221106_233412.jpg

alan sh

Post by alan sh »

No - sorry, that does NOT come on when I start using cruise control.
Alan

I own a 2022 Ultimate Hybrid with Tech Pack - in Red (best colour).
Also have two motorcycles. Honda CB1300 and Honda CBF1000 (also red, of course).
Deleted User 616

I only use smart cruise on the motorway so next time I set it I will check what functions get enabled. I have a recollection that Highway Drive Assist is dependant on road type so uses Nav Data to determine if it will fully function ... but I'm gonna check to see if that's true.
Yorkie

Post by Yorkie »

I've only noticed it on the Motorway (M1) and the 2nd time (Saturday) the HDA (Highway Driving Assist) letters came on too when I engaged cruise control. Perhaps I need to play around in the settings? I've tried to read the manual again and there seem to be all sorts of conditions to get HDA to engage so I'm guessing it may not happen all the time. Anyway it's no big thing, however like many others I go through the ritual of turning off LFA and LKA as well as turning on auto hold before most journeys.
1.6 TGDi Plug-in Hybrid Ultimate 5dr 4WD Dark Knight Grey
Yorkie

Post by Yorkie »

Just found this on a Kia forum which seems to cover the issue, although obviously I can't swear Hyundais have their setup exactly the same way.

https://www.kiaevforums.com/threads/hda ... mode.4962/
1.6 TGDi Plug-in Hybrid Ultimate 5dr 4WD Dark Knight Grey
stojced

Post by stojced »

Hi,

I have impression that some settings went missing from the SCC part, for ex curve slowdown (I remember that I have been playing with it, and from the operation it looks that it is ON now), but can't find it now, like it has disappeared :( if someone can send picture where exactly this settings is would be much appreciated. Also I have seen that in the picture mode of the settings, there is no SCC (to be honest not sure it was there from start, just saw it in the manual now. and SCC works, I have used it a lot. I have tried with reset of the system, nothing changed.
Addition, I have not updated yet, planning for next days.

Tnks.
Deleted User 616

stojced wrote: Sun Dec 11, 2022 2:12 pm Hi,

I have impression that some settings went missing from the SCC part, for ex curve slowdown (I remember that I have been playing with it, and from the operation it looks that it is ON now), but can't find it now, like it has disappeared :( if someone can send picture where exactly this settings is would be much appreciated. Also I have seen that in the picture mode of the settings, there is no SCC (to be honest not sure it was there from start, just saw it in the manual now. and SCC works, I have used it a lot. I have tried with reset of the system, nothing changed.
Addition, I have not updated yet, planning for next days.

Tnks.
I can't find a number of the settings that are referred to in my HEV manual in context of SCC or NSCC but since I've had the car, now on its 3rd iteration of software, I don't ever recall seeing the settings. It seems to be a case of enable SCC (make any distance and speed adjustment) from the steering wheel and if conditions are suitable, it will steer and speed assist accordingly.

Model dependant perhaps, but this is the only thing I could find unless others have anything further.

20221211_151749.jpg

stojced

Post by stojced »

Tnks, I think I have the same settings, but I think had this "curve slowdown" settings somewhere, hope my mind is holding me :) Others pls comment.
Here is picture from my system, looks exactly same.

viber_image_2022-12-11_15-02-28-833.jpg

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post