Battery Reset & Dead Battery (HEV)

All Hyundai Tucson related discussions
dbrewood

Post by dbrewood »

I've started counters since both my last reset and the battery lock out, I'll post in the thread when either of them next occur.
Car: Hyundai Tucson Ultimate Hybrid in Dark Knight w Tech Pack
Soon to be a Kona N-Line S Hybrid w Lux pack in Denim Blue

Beards

Post by Beards »

old man wrote: Sat Aug 20, 2022 11:08 am
Beards wrote: Sat Aug 20, 2022 10:59 am I’ve not received my Tucson PHEV Ultimate with Tech Pack (just mentioning all in case it matters) but I would like to know how long it takes to deplete the battery for Alarms/Doors/Infotainment/etc,etc if left standing.

Don’t get me wrong; whilst garaged I will leave it plugged in and forget about it until needed.
My issue though is when I’m away leaving the car at home; my lovely lady wife will park it on the drive and leave it…. And leave it… and yes, leave it!

So, as a rough estimate how long does it take to deplete if left unattended?
Thanks in advance. 👍
You're asking in the wrong thread. What is being discussed here concerns HEV models, not PHEV models which have a different battery system.
Somebody who has a PHEV will better advise you about your question e,g Roadster seems to have a very good handle on how the PHEV system operates.
Thanks….. Looking at the topic title I didn’t realise this thread is only about HEV models.
I’ll ask elsewhere. 👍
Tucson PHEV Ultimate + Tech Pack. Amazon Grey/Moss Grey
Ordered: 10 May 2022
Estimated Delivery: Oct/Nov/Dec/Jan/Feb 2022/23
Dealers: 28 Feb 2023
Pick up: 08 Mar 2023
Refused: 08 Mar 2023
New Order: 08 Mar 2023
Picked up: 18 Jan 2024
dbrewood

Post by dbrewood »

I've updated the thread title to include HEV :)
dbrewood

Post by dbrewood »

Well the aircon reset to 22 degrees today (5 days since the last reset) after I had the doors open to hoover the car out.
old man

Post by old man »

Here's what could be regarded as an interesting titbit. I'll copy this to 2022 Update thread as well.
I was talking to the salesman today who sold me my car on another matter and this topic came up. He told me that the Ioniq had originally had problems with flat batteries and after a while Hyundai began fitting the reset button as we currently have in our HEV Tucsons.
So this is not a new phenomena, but I'm failing to understand why they would do that rather than fit a larger capacity battery.
Answers on a postcard please. :D
Tucson N Line S 2WD Hybrid Auto
dbrewood

Post by dbrewood »

Poor engineering design whilst looking to standardise on a small battery - IMHO of course.
roadster

Post by roadster »

old man wrote: Sat Aug 20, 2022 1:25 pm Here's what could be regarded as an interesting titbit. I'll copy this to 2022 Update thread as well.
I was talking to the salesman today who sold me my car on another matter and this topic came up. He told me that the Ioniq had originally had problems with flat batteries and after a while Hyundai began fitting the reset button as we currently have in our HEV Tucsons.
So this is not a new phenomena, but I'm failing to understand why they would do that rather than fit a larger capacity battery.
The reason may be simply that there was a certain amount of free space in the lithium battery structure when compared to the Plug-In and it sounded like a good idea to put some extra cells in for a 12 volt subsystem. But either there wasn't enough room or they overoptimistically miscalculated the relative capacity of the lithium cells ( after all they are very expensive!).
Tucson PHEV Premium
old man

Post by old man »

roadster wrote: Sun Aug 21, 2022 8:54 am
old man wrote: Sat Aug 20, 2022 1:25 pm Here's what could be regarded as an interesting titbit. I'll copy this to 2022 Update thread as well.
The reason may be simply that there was a certain amount of free space in the lithium battery structure when compared to the Plug-In and it sounded like a good idea to put some extra cells in for a 12 volt subsystem. But either there wasn't enough room or they overoptimistically miscalculated the relative capacity of the lithium cells ( after all they are very expensive!).
So likely that the bean counters were involved then - that's unusual in the motor industry :roll:
Tucson N Line S 2WD Hybrid Auto
dbrewood

Post by dbrewood »

Maybe going forward the bean counters will have more influence, all in this wonderful new era we live in.
Big S

Post by Big S »

dbrewood wrote: Sat Aug 20, 2022 1:15 pm Well the aircon reset to 22 degrees today (5 days since the last reset) after I had the doors open to hoover the car out.
Just out of interest in those 5 days had you driven the car anywhere and if so how long for each time.
When having the doors open to hoover it did you put the car in the ready to drive mode.

Also when you had the unfortunate experience of not being able to open your car recently what did you do with the car after you managed to get into it.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post