Bonnet deflectors

Post pictures of your Hyundai Tucson here
Deleted User 487

Post by Deleted User 487 »

IngerzSH wrote: Sat Feb 04, 2023 3:53 pm
NlineSStu wrote: Sat Feb 04, 2023 2:30 pm Thank you belatedly IngerzSH as I loved what you did and I got my done. I also toned down the bright red reflective strip towards the bottom of the bumper as I thought it too bright; and, hopefully as you can see from the photos, I got a slightly different shaped rear number plate to match the sloping shape of the reveal where the number plate sits. Before and after photos attached.
Stu, Looks factory from the pics and I really like what you've done.

How's about US badge layout? I'm thinking of Tucson badge on the left instead of Hyundai and hybrid badge (Lexus do an italic hybrid badge that is similar to the "Tucson" font style which would work) on the right hand side. You'll have noticed all the badging 'Hyundai,Tucson and Hybrid' are all different fonts and sizes. Not a great problem really but ...

Would make the back of your car even more bespoke, albeit subtle.
I’ve taken a different route. Removing the Hyundai logo, and adding an N badge…

2DE5A227-6173-479C-B378-D57FC3D50D49.jpeg

NlineSStu

Post by NlineSStu »

[/quote]Stu, Looks factory from the pics and I really like what you've done.

How's about US badge layout? I'm thinking of Tucson badge on the left instead of Hyundai and hybrid badge (Lexus do an italic hybrid badge that is similar to the "Tucson" font style which would work) on the right hand side. You'll have noticed all the badging 'Hyundai,Tucson and Hybrid' are all different fonts and sizes. Not a great problem really but ...

Would make the back of your car even more bespoke, albeit subtle.
[/quote]

Thanks IngerzSH. I am chuffed with it, simple changes but for me well worth it.

I agree with you re, the different badging on the rear being all different font and size, it does grate with me but I hadn’t thought about making any changes. I get what you saying, and it would probably enhance the look. But I do have concerns about removing badging from the paintwork, I.e. damaging it. I see there’s been a subsequent post where the Hyundai badge wording has been removed and replaced.

And initially the practicality of getting it off, I’ve never done anything like that, nor fixing different badging in its place. What’s the process?
N Line S HEV in Shadow Grey, 72-plate
Deleted User 616

Post by Deleted User 616 »

NlineSStu wrote: And initially the practicality of getting it off, I’ve never done anything like that, nor fixing different badging in its place. What’s the process?
If you get a hairdryer or heat gun on a low setting and place over each letter (keep it moving as not too focus the heat too much) on the badge, hold the letters with your fingers of your other hand and move the letter as you apply the heat. You should find that the letters literally peel off along with the sticky tape. It should not leave any of the sticky tape behind with this method and it shouldn't damage the paintwork. This method has always worked for me. Be interesting to see if Richarde used this method.

New badges usually come on a backing strip so that the letters stay aligned when you remove the backing tape from the adhesive layer. I would place frog tape around the existing badges (before removal) so that you know the locations for the new badges. I have noticed that the hyundai and tucson badges are not aligned with the straight edge of the lower hatch line and are on a slight angle due to the curvature of the hatch so marking the position of the current badges will make applying the new ones far easier. Instead of this method you can always take lots of measurements but I suggest always using frog tape to get the bottom alignment. Just triple check everything before applying the new badges as once applied you don't get another attempt usually. Your looking at £30 for a current original Tucson badge but £38 for an original Lexus LC500 Hybrid badge. It's not a cheap rebadge all said and done.

And a caveat ... if your car in on a pcp and your gonna hand it back, I don't know if the finance company might charge you for the car going back with what might be classed as a modification ...... at least with a badge tint it can be easily reversed. I know some finance companies charge for other stuff such as towbar and private plate additions, you just have to be mindfully of their T&Cs.
NlineSStu

Post by NlineSStu »

Okay thank you for the detailed guide, I’ll have a think about it. Please do keep us in the loop if you decide to rebadge yourself, I’d be interested to see how it looks if you go ahead. I think what I am saying is that I’ll let you be the Guinea pig :D
Deleted User 616

NlineSStu wrote: Sun Feb 05, 2023 7:51 pm Okay thank you for the detailed guide, I’ll have a think about it. Please do keep us in the loop if you decide to rebadge yourself, I’d be interested to see how it looks if you go ahead. I think what I am saying is that I’ll let you be the Guinea pig :D
So as an update to this..... badges removed in prep for Tucson and Lexus hybrid badge. Gonna use US badge location. Tucson on left, hybrid on right. Lexus badge is italic font like Tucson.

Also the clear lense only part of the rear lower bumper lights, on models other than nlines, I have applied some light tint headlight film. It makes the lighting more in line with the upper lights. I've also relented and gone back to canbus led bulbs.... big difference in light output and just look modern.

20230331_132131.jpg

Deleted User 487

What does the Lexus badge look like, and where did you order from?
Deleted User 616

richarde wrote: Fri Mar 31, 2023 2:05 pm What does the Lexus badge look like, and where did you order from?
I have the Tucson badge ready but the Lexus one I'm looking at the one for an LC500 or LS350. Other Lexus model badges seem to have connectors between the letters that would not look right. The LC500/LS350 does not have this, but it has a multi-stage badge part which I would obviously forego. It looks about the right size when I look at it on the car, but I can't find actual dimensions from the badge suppliers. They are not exactly the same font but it is italic and fortunately there is no letter crossover between badges so I think it will work. Open to other opinions though.

lexus_hybrid.jpg

Adecastr

Post by Adecastr »

Really looking for to see the final result.
Tucson plug-in hybrid, Phantom black color, full options (bought in France).
Deleted User 487

Separating the similar graphic styles, the way you intend, is the way to go. Looking forward to seeing it finished.
Last edited by Deleted User 487 on Sat Apr 01, 2023 3:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
NlineSStu

Post by NlineSStu »

I was wondering if you would take the plunge 😁. Can’t wait to see the end result 👍

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post