First timer.

New to the Hyundai Tucson Forums? Introduce yourself here
eel611

Post by eel611 »

Hi, just bought a 21 plate Tucson. First ever Hyundai. Hoping to pick up some hints and tricks to get the most out of it. First question are there any hidden storage areas/ cubby holes? TIA.

old man

Post by old man »

eel611 wrote: Tue Mar 14, 2023 11:18 am Hi, just bought a 21 plate Tucson. First ever Hyundai. Hoping to pick up some hints and tricks to get the most out of it. First question are there any hidden storage areas/ cubby holes? TIA.
A 21 plate could be the current or the previous model - which is yours and which designation ?
In the current model, what you see is pretty much what you get. In the current model there is some space under the boot floor, although I don't think the PHEV has much, if any.
There is quite a deep well under the armrest, for which an aftermarket tray can be purchased so you don't have send a diver down to find any little items at the bottom :)
Tucson N Line S 2WD Hybrid Auto
eel611

Post by eel611 »

Hi it's the new shape 1.6 petrol SE connect. Thanks for the reply.👍
eel611

Post by eel611 »

I do a lot of fishing and don't want to get the front seats full of mud. Has anyone bought plastic covers for their front seats from ebay, Amazon etc? Thanks for any recommendations.
eel611

Post by eel611 »

HI all, I was told when I bought the car the warranty covers anything that goes wrong. If it it breaks down anywhere I ring the number in the 'Hyundai for life' booklet and the car will be recovered back to the dealer, effectively meaning I can cancel my AA subscription. Does that seem right? If so why do they offer a Roadside assistance programme as well? Thanks guys.
Deleted User 616

Post by Deleted User 616 »

eel611 wrote: Thu Mar 16, 2023 3:49 pm HI all, I was told when I bought the car the warranty covers anything that goes wrong. If it it breaks down anywhere I ring the number in the 'Hyundai for life' booklet and the car will be recovered back to the dealer, effectively meaning I can cancel my AA subscription. Does that seem right? If so why do they offer a Roadside assistance programme as well? Thanks guys.
Roadside recovery (will attempt fix or if not take to dealer) is seperate from the warranty (which may cover the cost of repair). You get one year recovery from car registration date but if you have the car serviced as per the service schedule at Hyundai, then they extend that recovery for a further year. I do not have seperate cover for my Tucson with any other breakdown organisation.
https://mobile.hyundai.co.uk/owning/5_y ... _programme
eel611

Post by eel611 »

That makes more sense that what I was told at the dealership. I'll keep my AS membership then👍 Thanks for the info '
eel611

Post by eel611 »

Sorry, AA membership!