Strange noise

New to the Hyundai Tucson Forums? Introduce yourself here
Deleted User 616

Post by Deleted User 616 »

jarvis wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2023 5:20 pm Mine does the same, always has. Seems to be coming from the engine compartment on mine. It's louder outside the car at any rate
That noise may well be the virtual sound system if your cars a hybrid. It makes a noise when the car is on battery up to a set mph. Supposed to help pedestrians ! Same system is used for the reverse warning bong bong noise.....

jarvis

Post by jarvis »

Yeah but that VSS noise stops once you select park. My bet would be a coolant pump
Deleted User 616

jarvis wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2023 7:47 pm Yeah but that VSS noise stops once you select park. My bet would be a coolant pump
I've not heard that 'type' of noise. However, as it's been mentioned I'll listen our for it. I'll post back if I hear anything.

What model & year of car do you have jarvis ?
jarvis

Post by jarvis »

IngerzSH wrote: Fri Mar 24, 2023 8:38 am
jarvis wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2023 7:47 pm Yeah but that VSS noise stops once you select park. My bet would be a coolant pump
I've not heard that 'type' of noise. However, as it's been mentioned I'll listen our for it. I'll post back if I hear anything.

What model & year of car do you have jarvis ?
2021/22 Tucson Hybrid Premium.

The noise is similar to the fuel pump noise you sometimes hear from the rear of a car when it's idling. A high pitch whine. But this comes from the front and starts as soon as you turn off the car and goes on for 10-20 seconds.
alan sh

Post by alan sh »

It could be some cooling fan or system. Mine does it too.
Alan

I own a 2022 Ultimate Hybrid with Tech Pack - in Red (best colour).
Also have two motorcycles. Honda CB1300 and Honda CBF1000 (also red, of course).
Berty

Post by Berty »

It is not the phone charger fan, had another check, it is behind the dash somewhere, somehow don't think it's from the engine bay, seems to be behind the plastic.

It sounds like a "Normal" noise not a "Oh crap" noise.
Based in Ireland :mrgreen:
2023 Tucson Executive Plus PHEV
Hawklord3

Post by Hawklord3 »

Made a video of the noise and sent it to the dealer 2 days ago, but heard nothing yet.
Agree, it sounds like a " not to worry noise", but why are some cars doing it and some not. It just annoys me.
Another quick question, only had the car less than a week and not had chance to really explore. Can you change to revs on a hybrid central display instead of the charge display?.
Deleted User 616

Hawklord3 wrote: Fri Mar 24, 2023 8:38 pm
Can you change to revs on a hybrid central display instead of the charge display?.
Yes you can. Couple of options. Put in sports mode .... or there is an option to show rev counter in eco and/or sport.

Using bluelink app ... user Profile--> Vehicle settings -> Cluster-> tachometer
Display ....

You can also set it in the car.
Hawklord3

Post by Hawklord3 »

Great, thank's IngerzSH
Deleted User 616

Hawklord3 wrote: Sun Mar 19, 2023 5:24 pm Hi , Just picked up an Ultimate hybrid, very happy, but have picked up a noise coming from the infotainment system on turning off the car. This noise lasts for 20 seconds and is a loud hum and is only present on turning off the vehicle. Not had a hybrid before, so not sure if this has anything to do with it. Any ideas anyone?.
After saying I've not heard it... well ... now I have, that's if it's the same noise. Switch ignition off and open door and there sounds like an electrical type hum not particularly loud. It doesn't last too long and not something I'm concerned about, in fact I must have heard it before and not thought anything of it, it's just what it does.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post