introduce myself

New to the Hyundai Tucson Forums? Introduce yourself here
Willem

Post by Willem »

Dear forum members. Since January 2023 I own a Tucson HEV FWD Premium in the color Silky Bronze. Now 1750 miles driven with average fuel consumption of 42 MPG. Generally satisfied. Complaints regarding water leakage from all doors and the limited capacity (amps) of the 12-volt battery. The water leak will be investigated by the dealer shortly. I hope to learn a lot from the other forum members about this type of car. Kind regards from the Netherlands.
Hyunday Tucson HEV FWD Premium, 230 ps, Silky Bronze with Two-Tone Dark Knight, Jan. 2023

old man

Post by old man »

Hello Willem, welcome here. Great that you've stated where you live and which model you have.
Unsure what you mean by water leaks. If you mean the water that pools on the sills and then runs away when you open the doors, as far as we know dealers do not have a fix for this, or at least we've never seen on reported. If they can't help, then come back here as we have a fix.
You'll just have to get used to the low capacity 12V battery as there is currently no fix for this. It mainly means you'll have to re-enter settings that the system has lost e.g air con. There is a list of things in the manual of what might need resetting if the 12V battery gets low or goes flat. It's no big thing and takes only seconds to do. You might experience having to use the key to enter the car if the battery gets too low - that's what the reset button is there for i.e. to start the car.
Tucson N Line S 2WD Hybrid Auto
Willem

Post by Willem »

Thank you very much for your word of welcome. It is indeed water that remains on the sills. I'm afraid it's a construction defect and the dealer won't be able to help me. The solution for the low 12v power is known to me; nevertheless thanks for the information.
Hyunday Tucson HEV FWD Premium, 230 ps, Silky Bronze with Two-Tone Dark Knight, Jan. 2023
old man

Post by old man »

Here's what I did to enable the water to drain off. I've used cable ties as you can see and I fitted two as my drive is on a slope, so I wanted to make sure the water drained whichever way I parked. As you don't have any hills in the Netherlands, one cable tie should suffice. I've had no water at all on the sills since doing this and it causes no wind noise or water ingress from the lower door.

Willem

Post by Willem »

I had already read your contribution and the solution for the drainage of the water. It is a smart and easy to implement method. It would be best if no water can get on the sill at all, but if the dealer doesn't have a good solution then I will apply your suggestion.
old man

Post by old man »

Willem wrote: Sat Apr 08, 2023 3:08 pm I had already read your contribution and the solution for the drainage of the water. It is a smart and easy to implement method. It would be best if no water can get on the sill at all, but if the dealer doesn't have a good solution then I will apply your suggestion.
My sills have been bone dry since fitting the cable ties.